By Margaret A. Simons
Read Online or Download Beauvoir and The Second Sex: Feminism, Race, and the Origins of Existentialism PDF
Best philosophical movements books
Explores James’s idea of the person by way of body structure, psychology, philosophy, and faith. The Dynamic Individualism of William James analyzes James’s wealthy and intricate inspiration via an exam of his individualism. A important subject of James’s writings, individualism underlies his simple perspectives on freedom, society, govt, psychology, schooling, faith, pragmatism, and metaphysics—yet, earlier, nobody has undertaken a cautious research of this significant element of James's inspiration.
In his explorations of the family among the sacred and violence, René Girard has come across the starting place of culture—the method tradition begun, how it keeps to arrange itself. the best way groups of humans constitution themselves in a way that's assorted from that of different species on this planet.
Weather swap and Philosophy provides ten unique essays via a world group of professional participants, exploring the $64000 contribution philosophical inquiry could make to modern debates to do with weather switch and the worldwide surroundings. analyzing this highly topical factor throughout the lens of environmental philosophy, political concept, philosophy of know-how, philosophy of schooling and feminist conception, those essays interrogate a number of the presumptions that tell modernity and our interplay with average methods.
Philosophies of Crime Fiction presents a thought of research of the philosophical rules to be present in crime literature - either hidden and specific. Josef Hoffmann levels expertly throughout affects and inspirations in crime writing with a stellar forged together with Conan Doyle, G ok Chesterton, Dashiell Hammett, Albert Camus, Borges, Agatha Christie, Raymond Chandler and Ted Lewis.
- Husserl's Transcendental Phenomenology: Nature, Spirit, and Life
- Culture Control Critique: Allegories of Reading the Present (Critical Perspectives on Theory, Culture and Politics)
- Menschliches, Allzumenschliches 2 (Neue Ausgabe 1886) (Philosophische Bibliothek 653) (German Edition)
- The Far Reaches: Phenomenology, Ethics, and Social Renewal in Central Europe (Cultural Memory in the Present)
- The Ontology of Becoming and the Ethics of Particularity (Series In Continental Thought)
- Kants Grundlegung einer kritischen Metaphysik: Einführung in die "Kritik der reinen Vernunft" (German Edition)
Additional info for Beauvoir and The Second Sex: Feminism, Race, and the Origins of Existentialism