By Sydney Brenner,Jeffrey H. Miller
The explosion of the sector of genetics over the past decade, with the recent applied sciences that experience motivated study, means that a brand new type of reference paintings is required to maintain velocity with this kind of fast-moving and interdisciplinary field. Brenner's Encyclopedia of Genetics, moment Edition, builds at the starting place of the 1st variation through addressing the various key subfields of genetics that have been simply of their infancy while the 1st variation was once released. The currency and accessibility of this foundational content material can be unrivalled, making this paintings precious for scientists and non-scientists alike.
Featuring particularly brief entries on genetics themes written via specialists in that subject, Brenner's Encyclopedia of Genetics offers a great way to quick know about any element of genetics, from Abortive Transduction to Zygotes. including to its software, the paintings offers brief entries that in brief outline keywords, and a consultant to extra examining and appropriate web pages for additional research. a number of the entries comprise figures to give an explanation for tricky innovations. keyword phrases in similar parts similar to biochemistry, telephone, and molecular biology also are integrated, and there are entries that describe historic figures in genetics, delivering insights into their careers and discoveries.
- This 7-volume set represents a 25% enlargement from the 1st version, with over 1600 articles encompassing this burgeoning field.
- Thoroughly updated, with many new themes and subfields coated that have been of their infancy or no longer inexistence on the time of the 1st edition. well timed insurance of emergent components akin to epigenetics, customized genomic medication, pharmacogenetics, and genetic enhancement technologies
- Interdisciplinary and international in its outlook, as befits the sector of genetics
- Brief articles, written by way of specialists within the box, which not just talk about, outline, and clarify key parts of the sector, but in addition supply definition of keyword phrases, feedback for additional analyzing, and biographical sketches of the main humans within the heritage of genetics.
Read or Download Brenner's Encyclopedia of Genetics PDF
Similar genetics books
The appliance of computational the right way to resolve clinical and pratical difficulties in genome examine created a brand new interdisciplinary region that transcends obstacles frequently setting apart genetics, biology, arithmetic, physics, and desktop technological know-how. pcs were, in fact, intensively used for plenty of 12 months~ within the box of existence sciences, even sooner than genome study began, to shop and study DNA or proteins sequences, to discover and version the 3-dimensional constitution, the dynamics and the functionality of biopolymers, to compute genetic linkage or evolutionary approaches and so forth.
A chief component to mobile signaling learn, this identify covers the significant membrane-bound receptor households, together with their structural association. Written and edited via specialists within the box, this booklet offers updated examine on transmembrane signaling entities and their starting up responses following extracellular stimulation.
Metabolic engineering is a brand new box with purposes within the creation of chemical substances, fuels, fabrics, prescription drugs, and medication on the genetic point. The field's novelty is within the synthesis of molecular biology innovations and the instruments of mathematical research, which permit rational choice of ambitions for genetic amendment via measurements and keep an eye on of metabolic fluxes.
This publication covers just about all fields of melanoma genetics and genomics for custom-made drugs. precise treatment, or precision medication, or custom-made medication is changing into a regular therapy for plenty of illnesses, together with melanoma. even if, how a lot can we learn about the personalised drugs procedure?
- DNA Repair in Cancer Therapy: Molecular Targets and Clinical Applications
- Genomes of Herbaceous Land Plants: 69 (Advances in Botanical Research)
- Cardio-Respiratory Control in Vertebrates: Comparative and Evolutionary Aspects
- Molecular Targeting and Signal Transduction (Cancer Treatment and Research)
- Behavioral Genetics of the Mouse: 1 (Cambridge Handbooks in Behavioural Genetics)
Additional resources for Brenner's Encyclopedia of Genetics