By Michel Tibayrenc
- Takes an built-in method of infectious diseases
- Includes contributions from major authorities
- Provides the newest advancements within the field
By Edward J Steele
By Alison Bashford,Philippa Levine
By D. Barry Starr
Dr. Starr solutions those and plenty of different questions via explaining the technological know-how at the back of the checks in an easy and unique means after which by means of dealing with what the checks can and cannot let you know approximately your self and your kin utilizing lots of genuine tales. when you are taking into account getting a DNA try out that appears at relationships or ancestry, this ebook can help make a decision which attempt to take after which assist you interpret the result.
By Aswin Sai Narain Seshasayee
By Pauline M. Doran
This textbook is the 1st to give the foundations of bioprocess engineering in a manner that's obtainable to organic scientists. different texts on bioprocess engineering presently to be had imagine that the reader already has engineering education. nevertheless, chemical engineering textbooks don't ponder examples from bioprocessing, and are written virtually completely with the petroleum and chemical industries in brain. This e-book explains method research from an engineering standpoint, yet refers completely to the therapy of organic platforms. Over one hundred seventy difficulties and labored examples surround a variety of functions, together with recombinant cells, plant and animal phone cultures, immobilised catalysts in addition to conventional fermentation systems.
* First publication to provide the rules of bioprocess engineering in a manner that's available to organic scientists
* Explains method research from an engineering viewpoint, yet makes use of labored examples on the subject of organic systems
* complete, single-authored
* one hundred seventy difficulties and labored examples surround a variety of purposes, concerning recombinant plant and animal telephone cultures, immobilized catalysts, and conventional fermentation systems
* thirteen chapters, prepared based on engineering sub-disciplines, are groupled in 4 sections - advent, fabric and effort Balances, actual approaches, and Reactions and Reactors
* every one bankruptcy contains a set of difficulties and workouts for the coed, key references, and a listing of feedback for extra reading
* comprises worthy appendices, detailing conversion components, actual and chemical estate info, steam tables, mathematical ideas, and an inventory of symbols used
* compatible for path adoption - follows heavily curricula used on such a lot bioprocessing and approach biotechnology classes at senior undergraduate and graduate levels.
By Isidore Rigoutsos,Gregory Stephanopoulos
Systems Biology I: Genomics and platforms Biology II: Networks, versions, and Applications supply a much-needed examine of genomic ideas and their linked networks and types. Written for a large viewers, each one quantity provides a well timed compendium of crucial details that's invaluable for a entire research of the topic. The chapters within the volumes mirror the hierarchical nature of platforms biology. bankruptcy authors-world-recognized specialists of their fields-provide authoritative discussions on a variety of subject matters alongside this hierarchy. quantity I explores matters concerning genomics that variety from prebiotic chemistry to noncoding RNAs. quantity II covers an both large spectrum, from mass spectrometry to embryonic stem cells. the 2 volumes are supposed to offer a competent reference for college kids and researchers alike.
By Philip Lieberman
In a wide-ranging voyage from Darwin's transformative journey aboard the Beagle to Lieberman's personal sojourns within the remotest areas of the Himalayas, this ebook relates modern findings to the main thoughts of Darwinian concept. Drawing on his personal learn into the evolution of human linguistic and cognitive skills, Lieberman explains the trails that tailored human anatomy to language, the acrobatics of the lungs and larynx and a tongue that allows speech on the rate of the peril of choking. He demystifies the position of lately pointed out transcriptional and epigenetic components encoded in DNA, explaining how nineteenth-century Swedish famines alternating with years of lots triggered survivors' grandchildren to die a long time wanting their lifestyles expectancy. Lieberman is both at domestic deciphering grocery store cabinets and hiking with the Sherpas as he discusses how ordinary choice explains good points from lactose tolerance to ease of respiring at Himalayan altitudes. With conversational readability and remarkable examples, Lieberman relates the insights that ended in groundbreaking discoveries in either Darwin's time and our personal whereas asking provocative questions about what Darwin might have made up of debatable matters today.
By Sándor Suhai
By Anthony D. Whetton,John Gordon